Rihanna renting an odd-looking pool house above sunset strip
Rihanna is known for her edgy and sometimes quirky style. So it no longer comes as a surprise that she has chosen to rent a villa that is known to have odd-looking interiors and a “penis pool”.
According to la.curbed.com:
Rihanna has lived in some really ugly houses in Los Angeles—leaky in Beverly Hills Post Office, bizarrely bland in Pacific Palisades—but at least her latest rental, as reported by the Real Estalker, is ugly with some flair. The Fortress above the Sunset Strip is known for its very phallic pool and for looking like a place where Bret Easton Ellis characters might get up to some torture; it was last owned by a DJ, naturally (Val Kolton), and before him Russ Weiner, the man who created Rockstar Energy Drink.
The Fortress was sold by DJ Val Kolton in 2012 for $7.2125 Million and it is said that Paris Hilton has thrown a Halloween party there once. Aside from the much talked-about “penis-shaped pool” and the supposed warehouseyness of the abode, it has some features that might have caught Rihanna’s attention. Highlights of The Fortress include:
- 7 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms
- a separate guesthouse with 2 bedrooms,
- a double-height living room with a glass-floored bridge running above it
- a library/billiard room
- a kitchen island designed by Porsche Design Group
- a screening room with wetbar
- a fitness room
- a 12-person spa at the end of the pool (“the balls”)
- floor-to-ceiling walls of glass that captures 270-degree jet liner city views from downtown to the Pacific Ocean
- glass staircase
- 60′ grand entry and into the posh master bedroom suite,
- motor court
- Koi pond
Photo credits: www.la.curbed.com
Photo credits: www.onekindesign.com
What do you think of this villa that Rihanna is renting?