Sleep Number X12 “smart bed” lets you sleep like a baby for $8,000
Getting enough sound sleep is a luxury nowadays. Ordinary mattresses will not cut it and a snoring partner does not help either. So what’s the price to pay for a good night’s sleep? Just $8,000.
According to digitaltrends.com:
Unveiled earlier this week at CES, Sleep Number’s new x12 mattress is the most intelligent mattress that money can buy. And at $8,000 bucks, it damn well better be.
Insomnia is no match for the $8,000 Sleep Number X12 ‘smart’ bed that does the following:
- monitors movement, breathing and heart rate for later analysis of sleep patterns to achieve the perfect sleep
- the data is sent wirelessly and kept as Sleep IQ score with the help of a smartphone app, complete with color coded graphs for progress tracking
- the app gives advice on how to sleep better
- elevation and firmness can be adjusted by either the remote control or voice command. Saying “Sleep Number Firmer” makes the mattress firmer
- the lighting under the bed is also remote and voice activated
- the favorites button allows users to set the popular bed positions such as “Read and Watch TV”
- massage capability
- Bluetooth connectivity to other smart devices
The X12 mattress was unveiled at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show and it will go on sale in the United States later this year. A standard mattress costs costs $7,999 (£4,870) and a higher price of $15,399 (£9,380), comes with an upholstered bed, side panel and nightstand.
Would you like to sleep in luxury with this $8,000 X2 bed?